Pursuing tour manager courses from a leading institute helps candidates to become professional in domestic as well as world-tour management. These courses offer relevant knowledge and training to the candidates along with industrial experience to make them proficient.
If you desire to be the reason behind the smile, happiness and the feeling of satisfaction of tourists as they are living their dream and develop wonderful memories, then tour manager courses are the perfect and most preferred career options for you.
About the program
A tour manager program provides you complete insight on the role of a tour manager. The program mainly involves roles, responsibilities and challenges faced by a tour manager and also the study of popular tourism destinations. Everything related to Pre-On-Post tour arrangements will be discussed during this course along with travel documentation, world geography, airport formalities and tourism products etc. There are several top colleges in India offering quality tour manager course for suppliers, tour operators, event planners and other tourism industry stakeholders.
The tour manager courses curriculum at the top colleges in India is designed to provide the experiential learning that will prepare candidates to meet the day-to-day challenges of their job. Challenges may include how to plan itineraries, organize a tour, domestic and international trip planning, pre and post trip preparation, the psychology of group travel, communication skills, problem solving, crisis management, dealing with difficult people and more. Most of the leading colleges in India also include Field trips in this course curriculum to several tourist locations around the world. Some of the top schools in India offering this course to create professional future tour managers are as follows:
- The School of Excellence – Mumbai
- Kesari Academy – Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management – Bhubaneswar
- Thomas Cook Centre of Learning – Mumbai
Skills required for a tour manager program
Tour Manager Courses are for people who dream of exploring the globe, people who want to make a positive impact by sharing their excitement for travel. You also must have the ability of planning and organizing trips and also excellent people and communication skills. Knowledge of foreign languages is also an added advantage for this course.
Responsibilities of a tour manager
Tour managers, also known as tour directors, accompany and organize groups of holidaymakers and business travelers on tours to various Indian and overseas locations. They are also responsible to ensure travel arrangements run as efficiently as possible and also offer holidaymakers with practical support throughout their trip. Some of the other key responsibilities of tour managers are as follows:
- Help the travelers with immigration and passport issues.
- Use their professional skills and knowledge to answer questions from travelers and to fulfill their expectations of the tour.
- Check tickets, seat allocations, other relevant documents and any special requirements.
- Ensure that all travel arrangements run according to plan and that meals, service and accommodation are satisfactory.
- Provide information about destinations, culture and itineraries.
- Dealing with emergency situations.
- Liaise with companies, restaurants, hotels and other clients.
- Also make prior contact with places to stay or visit to check arrangements and details.